A very early photograph of Regent Street, Stockton from the Heavisides Almanac of 1909. (it is described as being ‘Forty years ago’ in the almanac). The legend above the shop shows ‘J.B. Crawford successor to Thos. Laing Plumber & c.’ and opposite is Atkinson’s, Plumber and Glazier.
So were the Almshouses on the site of what was later Victoria buildings, then Lindsay House and now a car park..?
Hi Dave, Yes they were, before being sold and the proceeds used to build a new facility in Dovecot St./Dixon St.
This is looking east towards the High St., with the almshouses on the opposite side of the High St. in the background.