This is an advert for the opening of Stewarts store at 106 High Street after it had been rebuilt. It is also known as “Tees House”. The advert was placed on 10th May 1912, so 110 years ago! It’s still an impressive building and still proudly bears the name of Stewarts Clothiers. It has had several uses over the years, most recently a “licenced gaming centre”, but has previously been home to various clothing chains. Hopefully it can be given a little TLC and put to good use in the near future!
Image and details courtesy of Jonathan May.