The Reverend Harry Whyte, President of the Free Church Council, (representing the Free Churches) talking with The Duke of Edinburgh in 1956.
A photograph of The Queen, accompanied by His Worship the Mayor as they inspect the standards of the British Legion and Ex-Servicemens Associations c1956.
People watch from the street, building balconies and even from the top of the Town Hall as the Queen unveils a commemorative plaque on the north side of the Town Hall, Stockton c1956.
The Queen inspecting the Guard Of Honour of the 1st Battalion of The Durham Light Infantry
The Prince of Wales came to visit Teesside on 2nd July 1930. His visit included a trip down the River Tees and a visit to the huge chemical factories of the Synthetic, Ammonia and Nitrates Co. Ltd. in Billingham. His Royal Highness is pictured in the photographs with Sir Hugh Bell and several civic dignitaries.
A group of enthusiastic well wishers wave their Union Jack flags while others look out from building windows to catch a glimpse of the Royal couple who visited the Stockton area c1956.
This one of those posts that was lost when we moved to the new site.
The opening of Ropner Park, Stockton on Wednesday 4th October 1893 by the Duke and Duchess of York. Does anyone recognise the building behind the Royal Party?
We have tried to recreate as many of the original comments as possible…
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by the Lord Lieutenant of the County of Durham (The Right Honourable The Lord Lawson of Beamish, PC), talking to the Stationmaster, Mr. M Bowman and the Chairman of the North Eastern Board of British Railways, Mr. J.H. Summerson, JP.
What a view! As the Royal Car passes through Stockton High Street, the barriers cordoning off the crowds break as people surge forward to catch a glimpse of the Queen, 1956.
Two photographs taken by Jack Marriot showing the Queen Mother and entourage visiting the gymnasium in the new YMCA building on Bath Lane, Stockton in 1968.
A group photograph of King Edward VII, with the Marquess and Marchioness of Londonderry and other nobility at Wynyard Park, 22nd October 1903.
Included in the photograph are N.W. Apperley, Anthony Ashley-Cooper, the ninth Earl of Shaftsbury and Lady Constance Sibell Ashley-Cooper the Countess of Shaftsbury, Spencer Compton Cavendish, the eighth Duke of Devonshire and Lady Louise Frederica Augusta Cavendish, Charles Henry John Chetwynd-Talbot, the twentieth Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot, Robert Offley Ashburton Crewe-Milne, the first Marquess of Crewe and Lady Margaret Etrenne Hannah Primrose Crewe-Milne the Countess of Crewe, Captain The Honourable S. Fortesque, Sir Hedworth-Williamson, The Honourable Mr G Keppel, Algernon Hawkins Thomond Keith, the ninth Earl Of Kintore, The Honourable Lady Murray and Captain Frederick E.G. Ponsonby.
Stockton Railway Centenary Celebrations July 2nd 1925.
Attended by The Duke & Duchess of York. These are unbelievable crowds, I wonder where they are in the High Street.
Photograph and details courtesy of Derek Buttle.
This photograph shows State Registered Nurse, Miss Margaret Buckle being presented to The Queen. Miss Buckle was a Staff Nurse at Stockton and Thornaby Hospital c1950s.
In the background is Hepworths which stood on the corner of Dovecot Street
The Duke & Duchess of York and Lord Ropner Esq., Stockton on 2nd July 1925