A photograph of ‘The Manor House’, no.83 The High Street, Yarm. Until the last half of the 19th century this building was two separate properties, the bowed windows and dormer, being only present on the right hand property. At some stage the left-hand property was then purchased and dramatically altered
to form a ‘twin’ double-fronted facade and roofline, thereby placing the main entrance door off-centre. In the rear yard there is a wall mounted sun-dial attached to the offshot of the original right-hand property dated 1715.The building is currently used as offices by legal-firm Merrit & Co.
Photograph and details courtesy of Chris Bailey.











